Keeping it Clean
A Living Document that Changes as Our Business Does
Our Health and Safety Practices
Although we pride ourselves on always maintaining a high level of food safety, cleanliness, and sanitation throughout our operations, we’ve been especially vigilant since early March of 2020 for the well-being of both our customers and our staff.
For your own peace of mind, we’d like to share with you some of the extra steps we’re taking to keep up with the precautions as recommended by local, state, and federal health officials:
1. Wearing face coverings at all times.
2. Fully sanitizing our high-touch areas, including POS systems, countertops, tables, chairs, doorknobs, etc. using products that meet EPA standards multiple times a day.
2. Requiring employees to stay home if they feel sick or fearful to come to work, with sick pay.
3. As always, providing fully stocked handwashing stations and sanitizer for our employees to clean their hands on a consistent and regular basis.
4. Installing approved air cleaners and UV lights in our HVAC systems.
Our Seating and Reservation Policies
Due to strict local guidelines, our additional cleaning efforts, and limited tables, we have new policies that will continue to shift and change as our business does.
1. Beginning Friday, February 19th, 2021, we are welcoming our guests indoors again! And as of Tuesday, August 17th, 2021, we will be checking vaccination records for all guests dining indoors aged 12 and older. Per the local and state guidelines, at least one dose must be received in order to dine indoors.
2. The maximum number for any party will be 10 people for indoor dining and 6 people for outdoor dining. Any group larger than 10, must be approved by management by calling our restaurant during our regular operating hours (Sun-Thurs: 12-9pm, Fri & Sat: 12-10pm): 718-858-7650 ext. 1
3. Tables may be subject to a 1-hour time limit and will only be seated when the full party has arrived. If a party is not full and seated ten minutes after the reservation time, the table will be released.
4. We’re implementing a strict cancelation fee for all reservations that are canceled less than 24 hours in advance. Additionally, if you reserve for 4 people but only arrive with two people to dine, you will be charged the cancellation fee for the 2 guests that have canceled. Please contact the restaurant immediately if you must cancel due to health concerns.
5. Please be sure that if you would like to dine inside you choose a Dining Room timeslot and if you would like to dine outside, select a Patio timeslot. We may not be able to switch you from outside to in or vice versa when you arrive. Patio reservations will not be required to show proof of vaccination.
What We Ask of You, Our Beloved Guests
We cannot move forward without the support of our guests, and we can reduce the risk of a spike when we all follow the safety guidelines put forth by the CDC and WHO, so please help us continue to move forward by adhering to the following:
1. Wear face coverings when interacting with our staff, and at any time that you’re not seated at your table—if you’re waiting for your table, visiting the restroom, or moving about the area for any other reason.
2. All guests aged 12 and older who would like to dine indoors with us will be required to show proof of vaccination before being seated. Please see below for specific guidelines.
3. Please do not bring ANY outside food or beverage with you to have at your table or to request our staff to store for you. There are no exceptions to this rule.
4. Wash/sanitize your hands frequently and thoroughly.
5. Avoid touching your face with your hands before or after interacting with any of our staff or our property.
6. We firmly ask that if you’re feeling unwell that you do not visit us at this time. Please contact us right away if you’ve fallen ill and have a reservation you’re concerned about canceling. 718-858-7650 ext. 1
Key To NYC
Vaccine Requirements for Indoor Dining in New York City
Per the New York City guidelines, as of August 17th, 2021, if you plan to dine indoors with us, everyone in your party who is 12 or older will be required to show proof that they've received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
Proof of vaccination may include:
CDC Vaccination Card (or photo)
An official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S
If you received the vaccine outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record that includes:
First name and last name
Date of birth
Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the WHO are acceptable)
Site where the vaccine was administered, or name of the person who administered it
In addition to the proof of vaccination, we're required to see a corresponding valid ID, such as a driver’s license, non-driver government ID card, IDNYC, passport, or school ID card
Dine with us Outside!
Dining in our outdoor Lobster Shack does not require vaccine verification. If you'd like to avoid the vaccine checks, please be sure to choose the patio when making your reservation or speaking with our host.
Masks for Moving Around!
Regardless of where you're sitting, we're still asking all of our guests to continue to wear a mask unless seated at their table--especially important when moving about indoors. This is for everyone's health and safety.
If you're looking to get vaccinated in NYC for free you can check out the site-finder here.